Friday, April 25, 2014

Max Profiles: The Inspiring Success Story of Andrew Apo, Ghana’s First Gold Associate


During Max’s recent Road to Diamond event, we were honored to welcome our first Gold Associate from Ghana, Andrew Annor Apo.  Andrew was a great smiling presence during the entire weekend; fast to make friends and eager to learn all he could about how he could effectively continue his journey towards Diamond Rank.


Impressed by the care and passion on display during the Road to Diamond event, Andrew found new inspiration for his Max business.  “For many companies,” he explained, “with an event like this their founders show up to give one speech and then leave.  Here, at Max’s Road to Diamond, the executives were with us the whole time, and it was a lot of fun.”  By the end of the weekend, Andrew was eager to explain why he’s worked so hard to be where he is.  This is his story.

What drives Andrew is a desire to do right by his family.  He is adamant that his children grow up with a better lifestyle than he had.  This drive is what pushes Andrew forward to find opportunities, rather than waiting for them to fall into his lap.  At first, Andrew toiled away in sales of phones, photocopiers, and other electronic equipment.  His first real break came when he was asked to help start up a sales company for expensive furniture.

While, at first, excited for this new opportunity, Andrew faced a difficult first year.  How many people in Ghana would have a need for expensive, leather furniture?  When Andrew brought this up to his boss, he received his first important sales lesson.  His boss drove Andrew out to an up-and-coming area in Accra (Ghana’s capital), filled with the construction of affluent buildings and houses.  Andrew remembers, “When we arrived, he asked me what kind of furniture the business owners and families who lived in this area would want.  In that moment, my horizons expanded and I realized how important it was to find the right audience to sell your product to.  From that point on, I was the top sales person for 6 years.”

While Andrew enjoyed his success, he yearned for something more.  One day, while discussing the topic of success with a local accomplished businessman, Andrew mentioned that he really wanted to be like his boss.  The businessman’s response was another major turning point for Andrew. “What he said to me was, “you can never be like your boss as long as you work for your boss.”  He advised me that I needed to leave my job and do something on my own.  That was a very difficult decision to make, and even harder to explain to my wife.  But, I knew it was the right decision to make.”

The next few years were not easy.  While Andrew found early success in exporting a special Ghana berry, the global recession ruined his buyer and devastated his company.  From there, Andrew drew upon his own determination, no matter how difficult things seemed, he committed himself to succeeding.  “I have to find a way.”  Researching different options, Andrew was intrigued by the promise of network marketing.  With very little capital, it would be possible to start and build your own business.

From there, Andrew joined his first network marketing company and set about to quickly learn the business.  “We knew that traditional advertising wasn’t how we get people interested, instead we did a lot of 3 way calls, I had my upline do presentations, we did Skype calls to tell people about the product and opportunity.  We built momentum and focused on duplication, three people joined, then fifteen, then thirty.  We built excitement and we grew well for 3 years.  That’s not to say we had no problems, there were challenges with other Associates and with the corporate office.”

Looking to improve his own business some more, Andrew subscribed to homebusiness.org, where one day he came across the story that would change everything.  He recalls “I saw an article about Chuck Norris joining Max.  Of course I knew who Chuck Norris was, so I had to find out more about this company.  I visited their website and when I read about their products and RiboCeine, it was like I had met a new girl.  I was so excited, and when I saw that they had not opened in Africa, I knew I had to be a part of it.”

After doing more research, Andew got in touch with Crown Diamond Associate Chris Gingras.  After explaining his interested in the company and his personal experience, Andrew won Chris over with his enthusiasm.  “He liked the way I talked, he could tell I was serious.  But, before I started the business, he insisted that I try the product first.  I had to know the product before I could effectively sell it.  So, I ordered my own personal pack, and you know, I saw real improvements.  I knew I had something real.”

“From there, selling people on the company was easy.  I ask ‘Do you know Chuck Norris?’  When they say yes, I ask if they want to be part of a business with Chuck Norris.  I have them check the site, I show them the products, I tell them about the products.  With the interest I saw, I knew we had to open in Ghana.  Me and a friend booked a flight to the International Convention in Salt Lake City and we were amazed by what we saw.  The people we talked to were excited about the opportunity in Ghana, they could see the potential.  Returning home, we set up the foundation for what would be the opening of Max’s new market.  For me, it was work, work, work to make my way to the Road to Diamond.”

Now that Andrew has achieved a good level of success, he is determined to see it grow even further.  “I want to give back, to help people.  I am excited to spread this business to all of Africa, because health is everyone’s business.  These are products that everyone can benefit from, that everyone should be taking.”



When asked for his advice for Associates, Andrew had a few recommendations:
  • On goal setting – “Dream big.  If I say I’m going to make six diamonds, and I get three, that’s great!  The success you actually gain is what really matters.  Aiming too low means very little returns.”
  • On presenting the product – “It’s a progression – the glutathione molecules in all of our bodies, how it fights harmful free radicals, and the toll that sickness and pollution have on our bodies.  I get pharmacists and other medical professionals to sign up as customers and Associates, and I present their commitment as compelling evidence that this is a serious matter that has strong research behind it.”
  • On getting interest – “I give them a free pack of Max N-Fuze and tell them to try it and see if they like it.  Many times, they do.  When I follow up, I say that if they are looking for something even better, to try Cellgevity, then I sell them on the products.”
Everyone at Max corporate would like to thank Andrew for his hard work and dedication in growing our newest market.  His success is a shining example for all of our Associates around the world.  This is the realization of the home-business dream, and this is just the beginning.


SEE: http://blog.maxgxl.com/wordpress/max-profiles-the-inspiring-success-story-of-andrew-apo-ghanas-first-gold-associate/

No comments:

Post a Comment